Skip to main content

The Other Side. (IFFK, Day 7)

Seventh day started just as normal. I went to hotel on the same usual time. After the morning hustle, we were waiting for our lunch. By the time Mr Mathew Jenif checked out from the hotel. We had a fruitful talk about films and Malayalam film industry. He was kind enough to give us some chocolates. We enjoyed every bit of the chocolate. Chocolates will make your day better.

After making the arrangements for lunch, I went to help my friends out there at Horizon Hotel. Horizon will be very busy on the lunch time. They need the maximum assistance. Helping out the guests and making them feel as comfortable as their town is a very big task. We have to put our maximum efficiency.


After helping my friends, I came back to terrace hotel. Again, I got a call from Judy Gladstone from a unknown number. She told me that her phone got damaged and the volunteers out there at theatres hesitated to provide help. Apparently, they told her that there are no Apple service centres open now and as suspected she called us. I tried calling some of my buddies who work at phone shops. Me and Judy went to m friend’s shop at ‘Thakaraparambu’ and fixed her phone for a cheap price. Judy got very happy and gifted me Scarf the next day. It made my day.

Taking care of a person, which outside of our country is very cheerful. Making other people understand about our culture is very joyful. As usual, we went for having dinner at Tagore Theatre. After that eventful day, I went home with a happy heart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IFFK Experience.

I got to know about the idea of volunteering for IFFK from my cousin Goutham. He was a part of 22 nd IFFK. Due to some personal issues, I was unable to participate in the 22 nd and 23 rd film festival. I thoroughly decided that I will join them on the 24 th edition. And god’s grace, it happened. The process started with sending resume to the IFFK mail and attending the interview. I did fairly good on the interview. I was appointed for hotel duty. My mind was filled with questions and excitement. At one side, I was excited as heck to work with Goutham,Vaishak, and Amal, my close friends. I only knew them as my best buddies, but never as my colleagues. That experience was damn good. IFFK seemed like a big puzzle at first. I solved it step-by-step. I was aware of that volunteers are not allowed to watch films. I accepted the fact and made my decision. And it was a fine one.     I am a sucker for meeting new people and mingling with total strangers. That aspect of my

Crispy Outside, Fluffy Inside.

The ‘Potti Hotel’ culture is very famous in Thiruvananthapuram. These hotels are usually found near temples. Malayalees all over the world would love to have a delicious meal from a pure vegetarian ‘Potti Hotel’ after a blissful visit to temple. In Trivandrum, there are two famous eateries that are known for the quality and taste they provide. If you are a Trivian, you should be knowing of these famous names. ‘Venkadesha Bhavan’ and ‘Balaji Cafe’. See, speaking as a ‘TamBhram’ from Trivandrum, the word Karavada will make me drool all over the place. The two eateries that I mentioned, makes the best Karavadas in town. As an ardent fan and a regular customer of both of them, I am happy to share my experience. The Karavada from Balaji Cafe is a little bit small in size compared to the ones from Venkadesha Bhavan. The sides for this evening snack are Sambar and Chutney. Though both of these eateries provide good quality sides, Venkadesha Bhavan’s sambar and chutney is my personal f

ഓർമ്മ പാച്ചിലിൽ പാച്ചല്ലൂർ തൂക്കം.

വല്യച്ഛനും, വല്യച്ഛൻ പകർത്തുന്ന ചിത്രങ്ങളും എന്റെ ജീവിതത്തിൽ നിന്നും ഒരിക്കലും പറിച്ചുമാറ്റാൻ പറ്റാത്ത ഒന്നാണ്. അക്കൂട്ടത്തിൽ പെടുന്ന ചിത്രങ്ങളിൽ നിന്നും മാത്രം എനിക്ക് ഓർമ്മയുള്ള ഒരു സ്ഥലമാണ് പാച്ചല്ലൂർ. വല്യച്ഛൻ തന്റെ  പെന്റാക്സ് ക്യാമറയിൽ പകർത്തിയ ചിത്രങ്ങളാണ് എൻറെ മനസ്സിൽ പതിഞ്ഞിരിക്കുന്നത്.