Skip to main content

As Time Flies.

This story is about my childhood. A throwback to the old times. Back when bicycles, Milkibar Choo, lime soda, homemade Cold Coffee, Maggi, Punjakkari, Karumom, Model School, making short films, music had a huge influence on me.

‘Karumom’ is a place that I can never forget. A beautiful place in the middle of Thiruvananthapuram. Everything that I hold closer now came from Karumom. My love for two wheels, drumming, short films, my goodfellas, everything moulded up when I was at Karumom.

I now wonder about how simple life was back then. Come home after a long day at school, eat something, meet up with your buddies, and just roam around in the bicycle till dawn. I had a Hercules Turbodrive back then. My Hayabuza. The six of us always meet in the evening. We will hop on to our bicycles and pedal our way to Punjakkari. A beautiful place with lot of memories. A ride to Punjakkari with friends was just enough to make my day a solid one. You know, weekends were as fun as working days. We used to hang out on any one of our cribs, make some maggi, cold coffee and just chill.

Times have moved from Hercules Turbodrive to Hero Honda Glamour. By the time, we had a crew and a band with the same people. And we did our fair share of making short films and performing at local events. We always used to discuss films and music. How do directors do their work, the wavelength between a cinematographer and a director, how should you do a proper background score, discuss cult films, renowned directors, impromptu jam sessions and the list goes on.



During my bachelors, I shifted from Karumom. Everything that I now cherish vanished in seconds. No more punjakkari vibes, no more discussions. Eventually, we all became busy with our life. Time moved on. We now meet up every once in a while. If every one of us is in the city and free, we all gather at any one of our houses and make maggi. Just like old times. Talking about how simple was life back then.

Memories are a pivotal part of our life. I belong to a category of people who hates to take pictures whenever we meet. I save up moments & memories, not pictures.

Somewhere between Hercules Thunderbird and Honda Unicorn, I grew up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IFFK Experience.

I got to know about the idea of volunteering for IFFK from my cousin Goutham. He was a part of 22 nd IFFK. Due to some personal issues, I was unable to participate in the 22 nd and 23 rd film festival. I thoroughly decided that I will join them on the 24 th edition. And god’s grace, it happened. The process started with sending resume to the IFFK mail and attending the interview. I did fairly good on the interview. I was appointed for hotel duty. My mind was filled with questions and excitement. At one side, I was excited as heck to work with Goutham,Vaishak, and Amal, my close friends. I only knew them as my best buddies, but never as my colleagues. That experience was damn good. IFFK seemed like a big puzzle at first. I solved it step-by-step. I was aware of that volunteers are not allowed to watch films. I accepted the fact and made my decision. And it was a fine one.     I am a sucker for meeting new people and mingling with total strangers. That aspect of my

Crispy Outside, Fluffy Inside.

The ‘Potti Hotel’ culture is very famous in Thiruvananthapuram. These hotels are usually found near temples. Malayalees all over the world would love to have a delicious meal from a pure vegetarian ‘Potti Hotel’ after a blissful visit to temple. In Trivandrum, there are two famous eateries that are known for the quality and taste they provide. If you are a Trivian, you should be knowing of these famous names. ‘Venkadesha Bhavan’ and ‘Balaji Cafe’. See, speaking as a ‘TamBhram’ from Trivandrum, the word Karavada will make me drool all over the place. The two eateries that I mentioned, makes the best Karavadas in town. As an ardent fan and a regular customer of both of them, I am happy to share my experience. The Karavada from Balaji Cafe is a little bit small in size compared to the ones from Venkadesha Bhavan. The sides for this evening snack are Sambar and Chutney. Though both of these eateries provide good quality sides, Venkadesha Bhavan’s sambar and chutney is my personal f

ഓർമ്മ പാച്ചിലിൽ പാച്ചല്ലൂർ തൂക്കം.

വല്യച്ഛനും, വല്യച്ഛൻ പകർത്തുന്ന ചിത്രങ്ങളും എന്റെ ജീവിതത്തിൽ നിന്നും ഒരിക്കലും പറിച്ചുമാറ്റാൻ പറ്റാത്ത ഒന്നാണ്. അക്കൂട്ടത്തിൽ പെടുന്ന ചിത്രങ്ങളിൽ നിന്നും മാത്രം എനിക്ക് ഓർമ്മയുള്ള ഒരു സ്ഥലമാണ് പാച്ചല്ലൂർ. വല്യച്ഛൻ തന്റെ  പെന്റാക്സ് ക്യാമറയിൽ പകർത്തിയ ചിത്രങ്ങളാണ് എൻറെ മനസ്സിൽ പതിഞ്ഞിരിക്കുന്നത്.